"CHERNE is an open European academic network for Cooperation in Higher Education on Radiological and Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Protection, with the following objectives:
- share competences and facilities in organizing teaching activities for the students, mainly at the Master Level.
- enhance the mutual support by learning from each other, by exchanging experiences and by regular mutual reflection "
The subjects of interest to the Workshop encompass education and research in all areas of Nuclear and Radiological Engineering, including but not limited to:
- Radiological Protection
- Radiation and Radioisotope Applications to Industry, Medicine and Research
- Environmental Radioactivity
- Radiation Measurements
- Radiation transport and Monte Carlo methods
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Reactor Physics: Neutronics, Nuclear Reactors
- Nuclear Safety
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Materials
- Risk Analysis applied to Nuclear Engineering